French Course and Internship in the Hospitality - Tourism
Programme objectives :
Improve your French skills in an everyday and professional context
Quickly develop your fluency in “professional French” and prepare for your internship in France.
Get an international experience in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry.
Improve your personal skills and “savoir-faire” in a customer service job: entertainment, catering, bar, kitchen and reception.
The ideal option to embark on a new career, enrich your CV and improve your French !
Programme summary :
Language Immersion at the Alliance française de Montpellier
- 4-week intensive French course of 20 lessons per week (1 lesson= 45 minutes) and accommodation with a host family – half-board option
Intensive French course
- General and specialised French courses in small groups of 5-12 participants
- Intensive rhythm for quick improvement: 20 lessons per week during 4 weeks
- Communicative approach based on context
- French skill improvement in close relation to the internship chosen
Accommodation with a host family - half-board
- Carefully selected, the Alliance française’s host families are located in Montpellier, within 30 minutes (or less) from the school
- Warm reception. Home-made meals with family.
Internship in the Hospitality and Tourism industry
- 2-month internship in the hospitality field
The internship :
Proposed areas: Entertainment, Catering, Bar, Kitchen and Reception.
Skills : Basic IT knowledge : MS Office, Internet.
Languages : French and English.
Qualities : Dynamism, Stress management (Multitasking is a must), Problem-solving, Ability and Communicative skills, Special interest for human relations and Work in a holiday environment, Must enjoy working with kids.
Applicants for all posts in kitchen must have done gastronomy studies.
Basic knowledge of cocktail-making is compulsory for all bar positions.
Proven artistic /sport skills are required in order to access posts in entertainment: music, dance, theatre, gymnastics...
In a bungalow: single room with shared common areas.
In a studio: single room with shower and wc.
In a shared flat: shared room with shower and wc.
The type of accommodation will depend solely on the place where the internship is taken.
Working conditions and wages :
Wage : The candidate will receive a monthly allowance of €508.
Number of working hours : 35 hours per week.
Days off : 1 day and a half (non-consecutive).
Working hours : Vary according to post.
The benefits :
- Practice your French at the Alliance française, with your host family and in a work environment, for a real French language immersion
- Quality internships that will enable you to master the French language in a work context and get a new professional experience abroad
Operational level of French before the course start (A2 minimum).
Good level of English (B1 level minimum).
To be at least 18 years of age.
To be a full-time student at a university or higher education institution with an internship as part of the programme of studies. (The internship will be validated by the university in the candidate’s country of origin, which will establish an internship agreement).
To be able to financially afford the language stay in France (€1000 per month).
Insurance coverage before the arrival in France for: travel, civil responsibility, repatriation, hospitalisation, medical expenses, etc.
Fees and calendar
Programme fixed dates :
Arrival date: Sunday May June 4 2017
Leaving date: Sunday August 27 2017
Language stay at the Alliance française de Montpellier
Arrival in host family: Sunday June 4 2017
Course start date: Monday, June 5 2017
Course end date: Friday June 30 2017
Host Family departure date: Friday June 30 2017
Internship in a Hotel & Tourism industry
Arrival in internship residence: Friday, June 30 2017
Internship start date: Monday, July 3 2017
Internship end date: Sunday, August 27 2017
Internship residence departure: Monday, August 28 2017
French Course details
Number of participants per class: from 5 to 12 students
Duration: 4 weeks
Rhythm: 20 lessons per week (1 session= 45 minutes)
Schedule: Mornings- Monday to Friday from 9am to 12pm or Afternoons- Monday to Friday from 2:00pm to 5:00pm.
French course: 800€
Half-board accommodation with a host family: 740€
Non-refundable administrative fees: € 400
Registration deadline: April 29th 2017
Registration is done on a first-come, first-served basis. Limited places.